Want to sharpen your internet searching and research skills? Searching and Researching on the Internet is a 2-quarter-unit, completely online course Michael teaches for Krause Center for Innovation at Foothill College in Los Altos Hills, California. It’s an undergraduate, intermediate course for those who use the Internet for personal or professional research. The course emphasizes using advanced search techniques that incorporate logical reasoning, critical thinking, essential questions, and inquiry-based learning to refine searches, maximize the advantages of different search engines, evaluate web sites for credibility, understand the legitimacy of search results, and use search findings ethically.
- Dates: Contact Michael
- Participants work at their own pace. The course is asynchronous.
- Course is open to anyone eligible to register as a student at Foothill College, a California public community college, including international students who hold an F1 visa.
- Enrollment fee for California residents is $62 ($31 per unit).
- Information for prospective students
- Complete fee schedule, including out-of-state and foreign students
- Step-by-step directions for signing up
- Online learning at Foothill College