Sure, we all know what the Internet is and use it all the time. But how well do we actually understand the Internet?
Introduction to the Internet is a 1-quarter-unit, completely online course Michael teaches for Krause Center for Innovation at Foothill College in Los Altos Hills, California. It’s an undergraduate course for those who want to get a better understanding of the Internet, how it came to be, how to use it most effectively and safely, and what it may look like in the future. The course also looks at some of the issues and dilemmas that surround the Internet and life on the web.
- Participants work at their own pace. The course is asynchronous.
- Course is open to anyone eligible to register as a student at Foothill College, a California public community college, including international students who hold an F1 visa. Foothill College registration is required.
- Enrollment fee for California residents is $31.
- Course outline
- Information for prospective students
- Complete fee schedule, including out-of-state and foreign students
- Step-by-step directions for signing up
- Online learning at Foothill College